Friday, January 21, 2011

Spaceborne

Not a horribly significant update as far as anything to show, but I wanted to say that just the other day I finally started writing the prologue to Hayling. I'm still getting all my ducks in a row for the actual story, and the characters within, but the prologue has been pretty clearcut for a while now and I decided it'd be a good idea to get it written out. It's nice to make progress that isn't a bunch of loose sketches and ideas in a notebook. Even so, things are really coming together quite nicely and I'm more excited than ever for the project.

As of right now, each chapter is going to have its own title, and it's likely the book will be broken into parts as well. The title of the prologue as it stands right now is SPACEBORNE.

Considering the title and the FX tests I've already posted, you can pretty much guess what that entails. When I get further along with the writing and editing, it's likely I'll post a snippet of the prologue here, so keep an eye out.

In addition to writing, I've started to sketch out and compile ideas in Photoshop and InDesign for the book's format and look. I think I'll wait until a later post to elaborate on that, though. Suffice it to say, I'm excited with the possibilities.

2 comments:

  1. aw yeah this seems like its gonna be pretty sweet, I'm getting hyped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds good! Glad to hear you're getting some outlining done. I'm totally stoked to finally get to read some of this 'mystery' dundundunn...

    ReplyDelete